Resources for hosting your own event
Hosting your own fundraiser is a great way to multiply your support for Potential Energy, and we’re here to help!
- If you’d like tips on organizing your own event and examples of fundraisers that our supporters have organized, please download our Welcome Letter (PDF).
- Our Press Kit contains fact sheets about our work, profiles of the women who use our technologies, and more for you to distribute at your event.
- This brief Video Presentation provides an overview of how our cookstove project in Darfur began.
- Keep track of donations with our handy Donation Tracking Form (PDF).
- Please encourage your event attendees to learn more about our work by signing up on our Mailing List Sign-Up Sheets (PDF).
From Stanford STAND group’s event in fall 2011
Questions about hosting your own event
Can a Potential Energy staff member speak at my event?
If the event you’re organizing is taking place in the San Francisco Bay Area, we’d be happy to participate if we’re available! Please contact us at least 3 weeks in advance of your event.
Will Potential Energy provide tax receipts?
We will provide tax receipts for donations made directly to us either through our website or by check made out to Potential Energy.
What about tax receipts for in-kind donations for my event?
Unfortunately, we cannot provide tax receipts for donated goods or services.
Can Potential Energy provide me with contact information for people in my area to invite to my event?
In order to protect our supporters’ privacy, we do not share our contact lists.
Don’t forget to drop us a line about your fundraiser and tell us how it went!